If you’re having a hard time showing off your smile, cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile that you’ve always wanted.
With the assistance of your dentist, you can design and create a plan to give you the teeth and
gums that will make you love your smile once again. If you’ve been considering any type of
procedure that will improve your teeth, keep reading to learn more about how cosmetic dental
work can help you regain your confidence.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, “Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile.” Various types of treatments and
procedures are considered to be cosmetic dental work. Since there are so many options, it’s
essential to understand what each type of treatment is and results that can be expected.
While we will be highlighting the most common dental treatments offered as cosmetic dental
procedures, it is essential to consult with your dentist to ensure the right procedure is selected for each tooth.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
– This is an extremely common procedure for those who have lost one
or several teeth and are looking to replace these teeth. The “implant refers to the
titanium screw placed in the bone socket of the missing tooth. When the tissue around
the implant fully heals and fuses to the implant, it creates a stable to build and attach the tooth to.
– Dentures are used when implants are not an option. They can be used to replace all or some missing teeth and can create a whole new smile. As a prosthetic device that rests on your gums, dentures are removable and should be removed and cared for each night. Since dentures are not a permanent solution, you will likely have to replace them every five to ten years due to daily wear.
– Composite bonding is a procedure used for dental patients who have one or more teeth that are decayed, discolored, or damaged. A dentist makes small changes to the enamel then adds composite resin to the outer layer of the tooth to enhance its appearance.
– Veneers are another great way to create a healthy-looking smile. With
veneers, a thin layer of porcelain or resin is placed over your natural tooth to improve the
appearance. Veneers are an excellent option for patients with discolored, chipped, or
– Whitening treatment is an excellent way for people who like
the shape and alignment of their teeth but just want a brighter and whiter smile. Teeth whitening does not require drilling and will not damage your teeth or restorations. For the best results, we suggest whitening your teeth under the guidance of your dentist and the program that they best see fit.
Your Smile After Cosmetic Dentistry
While dental work for cosmetic reasons can be a financial investment, our patients have found they are much more confident in showing their new smile and are glad they put time and finances toward a better smile. They enjoy the confidence boost they get from smiling larger and the compliments they receive.
Love Your Smile Once Again with Oak Hills Dentistry
At Oak Hills Dentistry, we’re committed to giving you the smile you’ve always wanted. Our doctors study each patient in depth and come up with custom tailored solutions to allow patient to have the smile they want for a cost that fits their budget. We will ensure you understand all the different options you have for cosmetic dentistry and what choice best suits your needs.
Whether your teeth are missing, damaged, discolored, or could use some straightening, the dentists at Oak Hills Dentistry are eager to help you gain your confidence back. We offer all the services listed above and more. Located in Layton, Utah, and serving everyone in the surrounding areas, we’re excited to get you started on your journey to a beautiful smile. Contact us today for more information and to book your appointment!